Friday 28 October 2011

Norwich, the City of Art

So this holiday i'm going down to Norwich to visit my brother, he is in his first year of University and studying Graphic Communication. I plan to have a good look around norwich and take something back with me whilst I stay for 5 days! I'm really excited. It's nearly halloween too!

I have to say it's a really really amazing place, it's somewhere i'd like to be more often, and the train journey was nice. It was about 6 hours on the train.

My brother and I looked around and took some really neat pictures, theres an art gallery on every corner and art everywhere!
We went to a few arty bars, that were really neat. And also at a hall, there was an event going on with experimental music going on. It was really good! Theres also a festival in May that I can see myself going too... I'm addicted to Norwich!

Some of the museums were free, but I didn't take any pictures, a lot of the artwork inside is very political, and modern. I went to the Norwich Castle museum, it's SO cool. It's huge, old and kind of creepy, but I loved it.
Here are some pictures:






Pictures above from: 
http://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/Visit_Us/Norwich_Castle/index.htm


I did take a video of something kind of strange, but intriguing too! It was these musicians and they set up a symbol, and put a roman candle firework beneath it. They set it off after it was wired up to a speaker and it looked and sounded spectacular! I'm sorry the video is sideways but i'm not good good with computers! 


And also some of the pictures we took:







My brother blog is also really cool... you can see it here: 
Http://blog.heusedtobe.com/tagged/mine

No comments:

Post a Comment