Sunday 9 October 2011

Ritu Kumar, Karsh Kale & other inspirations

The main inspirations for my pattern design was Ritu Kumar, i stumbled upon his site whilst browsing the internet for indian patterns. His website is beautiful and I wuold recommend you look at it when and if you have the time. I find Indian the culture to be very spiritual and serene, and it is something that attracts and interests me.

Other posts i looked at were from Tumblr, which i look to for visual references, although most of the pictures aren't marked with artists, it is difficult to track down the originals.

I also take interest prior to this brief in indian music. The music is called Karsh Kale and it is indian experimental music. It's traditional indian music mixed with various genres, such as electronic music, ambient, rock & many more. Please have a listen, it's so beautiful. Music like this say deep meanings without words, i think it's a stunning talent to be able to emit such deep feelings without having to use words. It's something i'd love to be able to do with my art work. 





This is my favourite Karsh Kale song. His album art works are also very impressive.
http://www.ritukumar.com/#/home/

No comments:

Post a Comment