Friday 11 November 2011

Douglas Visit Number 2!

So I went to see Douglas for the second time, it is a great success! I had some help from my tutor, Jo, and we managed to get a lot of Douglas's background information. He told me he was from a place near Wales called Oswestry, I remember him saying that the last time, but i didn't hear it properly, it all makes sense now! I still didn't get the name of his Dog, but I got something even better....

I found out Douglas has a hidden talent, he can play the piano! I asked him if he had any various talents before, but today I had so much success! I managed to record him playing it and I have so many ideas already. Douglas played the national anthem, and a few other well known tunes, it's a shame I wasn't able to get much footage since i was in awe and forgot to use my camera until the last minute! 



Shortly after Douglas played the piano, he said something really nice, something that he really meant. And i'm sure he meant this with true feelings. He said 'Play with the heart, not the mind' - He doesn't need his memory to play the piano, because it comes from his heart and not his mind, it was really nice to hear that, it's quite moving. I think i've already chosen the writing I want to go on my image!

Douglas gave me permission to film and post these videos.


I also learned that Douglas didn't have any photos of his own, this upset me a little bit and i felt incredible sorry for him, I know Douglas is in contact with his sister and she takes care of him, maybe he just forgot to ask? He also mentioned he had a girlfriend called Sarah, and they went to a dance together, it was really sweet, he seemed really happy talking about her, I couldn't get more more details about that, only that it was when he was younger. I've come up with some really great ideas though...

My ideas so far are something to do with him playing the piano also something to do with him not having any pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment