Tuesday 2 October 2012

Age UK: Revisited

So this week was our Age UK illustration launch at Stockport Town Hall, and I have to say what a great success it was! We had lots of interest from strangers, and we had a speech and even a ribbon cut to open our mini exhibition. A big well done to everyone who put the event together and also to my classmates and I for doing a truly great job. I was impressed with everyones work and it was so nice to see strangers interested in my work! I think it really pays off when you put so much work into a project and you get to see the impact it makes on people from the smiles on their faces. The project was aimed at raising awareness of Dementia and Altzheimers disease, and other memory loss related illnesses.
It was an emotional journey for us all working with people suffering from the illnesses and hopefully we have managed to somewhat help people dealing with this, or even towards making us one step closer to a cure. Here are some pictures I took on the day of our exhibition:
This here is my work 
Click to Enlarge









No comments:

Post a Comment