Sunday 14 October 2012

8x8 Book Launch

The 8x8 book launch was actually a project from last year that was published this year and we had an event at the International Anthony Burgess Foundation in Manchester. We had to create illustrations to go in a book, working alongside writers from the Manchester University. Working together with other students was really a ton of fun, and we made sure to talk in person rather than e-mail and phone calls, which was actually really nice to do since in todays age we rarely get to work with people in person.  The book launch was an absolute success, and during the event talks went on to advertise our project and show our works. There was an opportunity to be interviewed on stage and I decided to give it a go! It was quite nerve racking but when I was on stage everything just seemed to flow really nicely and went just as i had planned. My question was "Why was my image chosen to be in the Rogues Gallery?" The rogues gallery is the illustrations which didn't get to go along side the story text but were still featured in the book. My answer was simply "My illustration was a creative journey for myself, experimenting with elements and different types of illustrating that I had not done before, I think with more practice and refining my images would have most definitely been chosen, which is my goal for the future". It's safe to say our launch was a success since we sold out all our copies!


Photos above by Bryony Hopkins

My work featured here

No comments:

Post a Comment