Tuesday 30 October 2012

Abigail Brown: Creature Textile Designer & Illustrator

Just a short & sweet post really.

A while ago I came across Abigail Brown whilst browsing the web and instantly got in touch with her to find out more about her work and how she got to the point she's at now. Looking through her work I can see relevance to my own work because of her love of birds and nature and the fast that she works in 3D as well as being an exquisite drawer too, although I know she uses wire as a base which is something i'm not familiar with. I wanted to get in touch with her to ask her a few things and hopefully find new ways to expand my knowledge of techniques for 3D art. Here is an example of her work:
From: www.abigail-brown.co.uk

I just want to say that I understand that working artists are very busy and I am grateful for the replies I have!

The E-mail

From: rachaelfelstead@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Just a few questions
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:40:02 +0100
To: abigail@abigail-brown.co.uk

Hello Abigail,
 
I just wanted to say that your work is amazing! I wish I could do what you do. Your work has inspired me to make more 3D art! 
 
I just wanted to ask you a few questions regarding your work if you don't mind?
 
 
Who are your main inspirations for creating your work and why?
 
 
Are you influenced by any classic art e.g Picasso or any specific art movement?
 
 
I can see your work is clearly inspired by nature and birds, is there anything else in day to day life and culture that inspires you?
 
 
What processes do you go through to put your spectacular work together?
 
 
Would you mind giving me a criticism on some of my art work if you have time? I understand how busy you can be, but I would be very flattered and grateful! :)
I am learning my own style at the minute and confused as to which way i am working, you can probably tell as some of it is flat illustrations and some are 3D. 
Here are the pictures of my work: 
(Sorry if I have overloaded you with images!)
 
Thank you! :)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hi Rachel,


Thank you for your email.
Lovely to hear you're enjoying my work.

I find inspiration in anything, there's not one thing I look to to inspire me... just always keeping my eyes open.
I do picture research, create drawings, turn those into a template and build each piece from there.

I didn't start doing what I'm now doing until a year or so after I graduated so I don't think you need to worry about when you'll find your perfect style and niche... just keep on trying and enjoying what happens until you do!

Best wishes,
Abbie




studio e2r
cockpit arts
cockpit yard
northington street
london wc1n 2np


tel: 07940 497488


No comments:

Post a Comment