Thursday 8 March 2012

Snuffie

At the Start of the university year, in september, I had decided to get what i had always wanted - a parrot. And I travelled all the way to Nottingham to get my dream one! I had bought a male green-cheek conure off a parrot breeder, and I couldn't wait to get to know my little parrot better! We called him snuffie, he was full of character and I began to train him, and not very long after we began to hold him in our hands! There was many times i used Snuffie for inspiration in my work and had been sitting with him whilst doing some university work. When he moulted i'd pick his bright green, red, purple and blue feathers out of his cage and use them in my work too. Snuffie was a sweet bird with a cheeky character and on Yesterday morning, I was shocked and devastated to find him drowned in a bucket of water someone had left out the previous day. It's been tough since, everywhere feels empty - so I decided to make, a sort of tribute, you could say, to him. 

Here is my picture, and also some of the best pictures I took of Snuffie:



This is the picture tribute i made, it reminds me of him, and it's hung up in my room :)


R.I.P little Snuffie

No comments:

Post a Comment