Saturday 10 December 2011

Reflecting on the Shop

Over the next few days we began to think and brainstorm our own ideas and then meet up and put together what we had come up with and decide together on what would be most apropriate. My ideas were perhaps a little bit too "out there", but different and bound to draw people in for sure. I thought that I would get child mannequins and then paint them, perhaps not as children with children's faces, but with decorative design: shiny things, decorative clothing like what would to see on dolls and action men perhaps, but more creative and not so mainstream i suppose like Burton. It would go hand in hand with an event for the children to help paint and make attire for the own mannequin. I don't know about anyone else but that would be MEGA fun, even now!

Meeting up the next day i learned that my initial ideas of fairytales were more appropriate and similar to my groups ideas as they had more in common with the fairytale ones, so my group decided on that. Though I was happy with our decision, I still felt that it lacked in meaning. I would probably have prefered to work in a group of two rather than in a group of four and have it more my style, as in a group it's difucult to show your style of working when four people have an input on one idea.

 Picture from:
http://baublesbanglesnbeads.multiply.com/journal/item/58/Specially-Made-Handpainted-Accessory-Mannequin


Picture from:
http://selfishseamstress.wordpress.com/tag/monarch-butterfly-dress/

No comments:

Post a Comment