Sunday 14 August 2011

James Dickinson Innes and Paul Nash

This artists work 'Welsh Mountain Landscape' really caught my eye, it was just so beautiful. The colours he'd used to express the feel, smell and warmth of that day was just amazing. I felt as if I could have been there myself and I think i was attracted to the softer colours that he used. I feel a connection to his other paintings too. I know that he was mainly a landscape artist, and he was born in 1887 and died in 1914, he was born in Wales. 



I can't say im a huge fan of Paul Nash, but there were a couple of images I saw in the art gallery that really wowed me. I love the creepy soulless look, i feel as if the place is deserted almost. I just think its really effective and very dark. I've looked into Paul Nash a little more and I keep finding works that I'm impressed with, like this one. Paul Nash is a landscape painter who is also a surrealist. He was british and was born in 1889 and died in 1946. This one i feel is more sketchy and natural, whereas some of his other works I feel are very surreal and I much prefer this type of his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment