Thursday 12 April 2012

MMU Collaborative: One For All! & Amelie Hegardt

So the past few day's i've been focusing on a very intriguing story that a student from MMU has written, our job is to illustrate a book cover for the book and maintain communication with our authors and letting them know what our plans are and if they'd like any changes to it and just have an outside opinion on it. I've been working with Jamie Walsh, who is the author of One for All, it's a story about some friends who end up on a desert jungle island and resort to dirty tactics and violence to get a 'prize' they were promised, even though it was only promised on a flimsy piece of paper, and they have no clue what it is! After having read teh fost part, two of the team get attacked (and murdered), I wanted to focus on a certain aspect of the story, a quote from it saying 'her eyes secreting liquid fear leaving burning tracks down her face'. I brainstormed my ideas. From the beginning i knew i wanted to use water colour, and so i began to look at different kinds of art, I found myself even stumbling upon anime, something of which i'm not overly interested in, but something I do think of as good art. I also stumbled upon a fashion illustrator called Amelie Hegardt and instantly fell in love with her work. I like how she only outlines certain parts of body parts and enhances them with colour, she uses bold outlines and I love her style of drawing, maybe I can mix anime style with hers? I'm excited! 
If I go to the USA when year 3 starts i am going to see her work! 


All pictures from: http://ameliehegardt.com/






This one is my favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment