Wednesday 25 January 2012

Update & Julie Arkell

My head is complete! After watching Sheena I feel like i've really learnt something good. I actually found that doing the type on her eye make up came really easily to me. I wanted it to be curvy, flowing and perfect like a ballet dancer. Doing it as a detail on the eyeshadow couldn't have worked any better than i'd planned it to!

Updated pictures:
Pre Type.

Type!


I added an extra layer of white so it looks smoother.


Whilst doing the head i've been looking at Julie Arkells work, she works with cloth and paper maché and collages it primarily, and sewing too. It looks wonderful. Although my swan is more of a sewing type of design i'd like to try out paper mache. I find similarities in out use of colour, lots of reds & whites, and also a lot of her work is 'cute' rather like my own. I would like to start working a little more like that and I will look to that in briefs to come.


Pictures from: 
http://www.earthangelstoys.com/html/julie_arkell_-_paper_mache.html
Tippy is so cute. I want one!

I would love to try out more embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment