Tuesday 26 February 2013

Final Major Project Update!

It's been quite a while since i posted on my FMP! I guess it's not really changed loads, but it's developed into a really nice idea. It's turned into a charity called 'Arturself' and the slogan is 'Heart Yourself' (which is what the name is saying too! Ha!), which hopes  to challenge the way people see themselves. The charity focuses on helping people love themselves and encourages individuality and self confidence. 



I am working on 2 main parts of the charity. The First part is where the charity gets is funds from, so I will be designing inspirational merchandise to encourage people to be confident and individual on a day to day basis. I'm currently working on some Canvas Bag designs, which is actually really great, because we're trying to raise money for our end of year shows, so I;m going to be selling them at the Teenage Market in Stockport! So it's quite realistic and it will give me a better insight into what kind of stuff interests people out there. I'm hoping to also sell some A5 prints of some designs. and perhaps one more small thing to sell along side, which I haven't exactly decided on right now! I will also be designing a small arty Zine, which will explain the ins and outs of the charity and give a sneak peak into the meanings, merchandise and events that go on within the charity. It will be fairly eaasy to reproduce and I will make a few in bulk. I'm planning to make the Zine by hand and then put it together in photoshop, then send it off for print, so it can be hand made but also be fast!



The second part of the charity will be the live event and workshop, which in the real world be a street campaign, but because this isn't a 'real' charity it will be done inside of college at our end of year show. The event would be aimed at young people (8 - 16 years) and I would get the children to paint mannequins that I have reproduced & made myself, out of clay, and display them in a city centre (but this will be at the end of year show). The children will paint themselves and aspects of themselves in a stylised way onto the mannequins, portraying themselves in any way they want, ignoring the generic things people want to see. They would for example, paint themselves with wings  to symbolise freedom, or use pattern to express a certain emotion / passion for something they want to express, that they perhaps feel that they can't because of peer pressure. I hope to have about 100 small dolls, some painted by myself, to fill up all the space I can get in my show. I want this to create a big impact, although each model is identical to the other, the individual feelings and passion drawn onto the models will shine through above all else, which is essentially the main thing that the charity wants people to feel, a sense of individuality and no fear! So by targeting the younger audience, we want to make them unafraid of being themselves!





I am also thinking of a bigger picture for the end too, which i'm currently unsure of. I want the models to come together to create something bigger, something i can put together myself to make. Since this FMP is focusing on the work that I produce, having not much to show that i've done myself is not an option. So I really have to think hard about something I could make that amounts to a reasonable amount of work. Hmmmm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment