Friday 23 September 2011

Totem Post Update!

So I'm working on my Totem post, and I'm currently trying to think of ways to make my totem pole, and what medias to work with. I have decided on my animals after thinking about my fears, weaknesses, hopes, etc. Here is what I have made (worth showing) so far!



Octopus experiment
So this is my experiment of an octopus, I actually find this quite scary! As I intended! It's the eyes for sure! I really love it, it's full of character. The colours & facial expressions help exaggerate the feeling i'm trying to communicate.



Fawn Experiment

This is my experiment of my fawn that I will be using in my totem pole, I was actually using the other side and I did not realize I was working on paper that had a pattern on, I turned it round and I loved it so much I decided to use that instead! Still it lacks something. I did make various eyes, for each totem. It would have been nice to include those too. 

And on second thought, a totem post with eyes on it would be really funky right!? Hmm....


I am still unsure of how I'm going to put together this totem pole, and I am currently just experimenting with materials and ideas. I do like these animals but I can't see them being finals. I will continue to research but I think i might use textiles because it would be really nice to see patterns screen printed on to fabric, and to make animals out of them, I also like the idea of making a chinese like wind kite, so that it would catch the wind. 





No comments:

Post a Comment